Giclee Reproductions of Sue Archer’s Watercolor Paintings
Please contact me through the website contact if you wish to purchase or find out the cost and sizes we offer. Sizes for each painting will differ.
Example of cost on Premium luster paper; watercolor paper is 20% more:
- 11 x 14 paper size: $39 + shipping and handling (shipped flat) The image has a 1” to 1” white border around it with foam core backing so you can just slip it right into an 11 x 14 frame. No mat needed.
- 11 x 15 image size: $85 + shipping and handling (shipped in a tube)
- 21 x 29 image size: $175 + shipping and handling (shipped in a tube
What is a Giclee?
A Giclee is a digital-print process used to reproduce fine art.
This type of reproduction is done in a “digital darkroom” which consists of:
- a scanner or camera
- wide-format fine art printer.
We use archival inks and paper to ensure the quality and the “life” of the fine art reproduction. They are printed on a variety of archival surfaces which are chemically treated to bond with the inks.
My husband Dave and I print our own giclees. This process requires an Understanding of the technical side of photoshop and a knowledgeable eye for “seeing” the subtleties of color and value.
- For scanning: Canon (Professional high resolution Digital Camera)>
- Printer: Epson 7800 8 color, wide-format fine art ink jet printer
- Paper: Epson Premium Luster and Watercolor Paper
- Pigments: Ultrachrome K3 inks
Archival quality: Paper and inks are both rated for over 80 years.